20 Years of Community Service in Janesville
• Janesville School Board member for nine years, including a term as board president.
• PTO and PTA member and officer.
• HealthNet of Rock County volunteer, providing medical care to the low income and uninsured.
• Mercy Health System Association of Volunteers member, including serving as president.
• Chair of MercyKids
• Literacy Connection fundraising volunteer.
• YMCA Board of Directors member.
• Rock Futbol, a soccer league for children, organizing board member
• Director of the Mock Drunken Driving simulation at Craig High School for two years
• Democratic Party of Rock County
• League of Women Voters of Janesville
• Cargill United Methodist Church
• PEO Sisterhood
• Rotary Gardens
Business and Employment
• Family farm owner and manager since 1984
• Started a small business, a medical clinic, in Colby, Kan., and operated it for nine years before moving to Janesville
•Employed Mercy Health Systems, medical technologist, 18 years
•Elected to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012, committees: Health, Small Business, Workforce Development, Transportation and chosen to be on the Speaker’s Task Force on Mental Health and the Speaker’s Task Force on Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
• Married to Rex Kolste
• Parent of three adult children, all educated in Janesville Public Schools
• Father was a union member with Bell Telephone
• Mother worked in retail store