Endorsements and honors
Representative Debra Kolste has been endorsed by more than a dozen groups and organizations for re-election to the 44th Assembly District seat.
Rep. Kolste, a second term Democrat, will not face any challengers in her re-election bid.
“I appreciate the endorsements of a wide range of good government groups, labor groups, business groups, law enforcement and other public safety groups, environmental groups and others,’’ Rep. Kolste said. “I am only interested in helping my state and district and I am happy that my work has won broad support.’’
In past elections Rep. Kolste has received the endorsements of these groups:
- AFSCME – Wisconsin PEOPLE Conference: “It is because of your commitment to our members’ issues and concerns that we have endorsed your candidacy … ‘’
- UAW Region 4: “We choose to show our support for you because of your commitment to the working families and the communities they live in.’’
- Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin, Inc.: “You represent the proudest traditions of Wisconsin’s working men and women and we appreciate your commitment to protecting the interests of those who protect our families, our homes and our communities.”
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation: “Congratulations and best of luck on November 4.’’
- Clean Wisconsin Action Fund: “We look forward to working with you in the future to promote natural resource policies that promote economic growth for Wisconsin.’’
- Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters: ‘Your endorsement by the Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters demonstrates to voters that you are the candidate in this race they can rely on to stand up for Wisconsin’s proud conservation traditions.’’
- Sierra Club: “Our endorsement sends a message of your strong support for the environment and your proven track record in environmental issues.”
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin: “We are so grateful for your leadership in the Capitol and your commitment to the women and families of Wisconsin.’’
- Citizen Action of Wisconsin – which concentrates on expanding access to healthcare and creating good jobs in Wisconsin.
- Fair Wisconsin Political Action Committee: “We thank you for your support of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, and we wish you success in the fall elections.’’
- Progressives United for Wisconsin PAC – which was founded by former Senator Russ Feingold to fight corrupting corporate influence in elections and government. “Our endorsement reflects your commitment to clean elections, good government, and the needs and rights of Wisconsin’s working families.
- Sheet Metal, Air, rail and Transportation Wisconsin Legislative Board: “Your professionalism and dedication to public service and public safety are to be commended.’’
- Wisconsin Professional Police Association: “The WPPA has regularly supported Republicans and Democrats alike on the basis of who it believes will best support the dedicated men and women who work to keep our streets safe.’’ WPPA Executive Director Jim Palmer.
- Wisconsin Pork Association – the mission of which is to ‘’insure the future success of the Wisconsin pork industry through an emphasis on social issues, public and government policies, environment, animal welfare and safety.’’
- Wisconsin Restaurant Association – “…enthusiastically endorses Representative Debra Kolste for reelection in the 44th Assembly District.’’
- Tavern League of Wisconsin – “Our over 5,000 members appreciate your support and understanding of the issues facing small businesses in today’s economy.’’
- Wisconsin AFL-CIO – “Working families are ready to work for candidates who will support good job creation and economic opportunity for all workers.’’
- Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association named Rep. Kolste a “ Friend of Community Health Centers.’’